FIFA Soccer 2010 Preview

Posted by Yudik On Thursday, July 8, 2010 0 comments


So there I am about to leave the EA event that I had attended with my girlfriend (and note taker), when I remembered that I didn't check out the sports games, more specifically, FIFA '10. Last year's FIFA game was absolutely spectacular and I loved every minute of it. So to see that EA's gone and enhanced this much was truly a shock to me, and I had an absolute blast playing a match against the game's producer.

This was a match that had gone into two extras and finally ended with a shootout that I, narrowly, won. I had scored two goals in the first half of the game, but they were both answered in the second half. Worst of all, the goal that tied the game was done on the 90th minute. Needless to say, it was a riveting match, as we were quite evenly matched. But it was during this session that I was able to pick up on a number of changes and enhancements made to the gameplay, changes I found crucial.irst off, the game now performs automated player switching to the nearest ball carrier a lot more accurately than before. Where as sometimes in past FIFA games you'd be switched to a player behind the ball carrier, FIFA 10 now chooses wiser and more logically. Next, I noticed that the A.I. is more aggressive at intercepting passes that roll by right next to them. Again, where as in past FIFA games this was not the case, the A.I. frequently watched a ball roll right by, this time around that's been fixed. So now you've got A.I. controlled players that behave a lot more realistically - no more careless cocking about.


As far as speed goes, contrary to some online reports, I didn't notice any change to the game's speed. If it's there and I simply don't remember how FIFA 09 felt, it's not a radically different change, or even one that'll annoy you. To put it simply, this is not as slow as FIFA 08. Added to the control of the game is a feature called 360-degree control which, coupled with the L1 button and right analog will allow you to pull off an assortment of maneuvers with your ball carrier. And lastly, I noticed that indirect free kicks no longer stop the game, as the game employs a continuity that keeps the action going seamlessly - the player will simply stop the ball and kick it when needed.

Now, to cap this off with two additional bits, FIFA '10's producer told us a huge announcement for the online community is coming, but they can't reveal what it is quite yet. But he assured us that frequent FIFA playing online fans will be happy. Finally, I was also told that enhancement have been made to the manager mode too.

No comments:

Post a Comment